I’m not much of a cook, so when a friend recommended a Mojito Cheesecake recipe she had tried & promised was super easy,I decided to give it a go. The end result was super yummy alcohol infused goodness :3
- 12 ounces softened cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream (I used whipping cream)
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- ¼ cup coconut rum (I used Bacardi)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I used digestive cookies)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) melted salted butter
- I used a pie pan for this instead of muffin tray.
- In a bowl, combine digestive cookie crumbs and melted butter. I broke the cookies and mashed it with my hands first, then used a wooden spoon to mash it further because I like a little chunk in the crust.
- Press mixture into each well to create a thin crust. Press down using cling wrap onto the pan.
- Let it set in freezer.
- In a mixer, whip whipping cream into stiff peaks. Make sure the consistency is thick and it will affect the overall result of the pie. Reserve whipped cream in a separate bowl.
- In the same mixer, combine condensed milk, lime juice, some chopped mint leaves, and bacardi.
- Once combined, add in cream cheese and sour cream.
- Then fold in the reserved whipped cream.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the crusts and freeze for at least one hour. I just plopped it on and smoothed it out with a cake knife.
Probably the easiest cheesecake ever & super yummy too! Will be attempting this with different flavours and types of alcohol, just because. Do give it a go & let me know if it worked out on your end too 🙂
Drunk on dessert,